SmartWorks IoT Write
The SmartWorks IoT Write connector allows calling PUT/POST/DELETE requests to SmartWorks IoT services for write back scenarios. A typical use case is to add or update records in AnythingDB from Panopticon. Since this connector is not for reading data, a successful service call will only return a data table with one column called Result with Success as value.
The Token URL is not visible in the connector. You can set the server-wide token URL in the “connector.oauth.tokenurl” property in the Panopticon.properties file.
1. Select SmartWorks IoT Write from the Data Sources pane. The SmartWorks IoT Write Settings pane and the retrieved SmartWorks IoT Write source are displayed.
2. Enter the Name of the SmartWorks IoT Write data source, then click .
3. Enter the Client ID, Client Secret, Grant Type, and Scope to connect to the SmartWorks IoT Write.
The Panopticon server builds up the request body formatted as application/x-www-form-urlencoded from these four fields.
4. Enter the URL that accepts PUT/POST/DELETE request.
5. Specify the appropriate HTTP Method for the request from the following options:
· POST – add new data
· PUT – replace existing data
· DELETE – remove existing data
6. Enter the Request Body for the HTTP POST/PUT.
7. Click to call the service.
Use PUT requests carefully to avoid duplicate entries since each data call to this connector will trigger a service call.